Sometimes customers find it valuable to take their instance from On-Demand to On-Site. The most common scenario is when a customer wants to start the trial quickly using our On-Demand environment, but desires to bring it On-Site to leverage their existing infrastructure.
Setup the Local Environment
1. Ensure your new server is set up according to the System Requirements section of the installation documentation.
2. Follow the instructions in the installation documentation to create a new application instance. Don't forget to include copying the license! (If you haven't already received the installation files, then please contact your account executive.)
3. Log in with admin/admin to verify the installation completed successfully.
Practice Migrating with your Production Data
1. We will provide you with a link to download the backup. We now run SQL2008 R2 in our production environment, so we would also like to know if you're planning on using SQL 2005, 2008, or 2008 R2. If it's 2005 or 2008 (pre-R2), we can do a db conversion to that version of SQLServer as part of the process, but we'll need to know in advance.
2. Restore the backup to your application instance's database (overwriting that database).
3. Run the VersionOne install program on the web server and upgrade the instance.
4. Log in to verify the migration completed successfully.
1. We will work with you to schedule the exact time window for your migration.
2. Schedule downtime for the migration with your users.
3. We will provide you with a download to the backup during the scheduled migration window and shutdown your existing On-Demand instance.
4. Restore the backup to your production instance's database (overwriting that database).
5. Download the latest setup from http://community.versionone.com/downloads/.
6. Run the VersionOne install program and upgrade the production instance.
7. Log in to verify the migration completed successfully.