Summary of New Features
A new integration has been created with the Buy-A-Feature game from Innovation Games Online to help gain insight into how and why your customers might value potential new features. Export a selection of your stories from your VersionOne system to Buy-A-Feature, where sets of customers can collaborate on which features to "purchase" with their limited resources. Results from the games are returned to VersionOne, where they can help drive prioritization decisions.
Data Mart Updates
- The following tables now contain a Done column which contains the total effort by workitem by date. Using this column you can trend Actual Effort vs. Estimate, Detail Estimate, or ToDo without sub-queries or joins.
- Data Mart Documentation was updated to reflect the new column and to include a section on database sizing considerations.
- Dashboards have a new TreeMap panel, Workitem TreeMap, that is more configurable than the previous TreeMap panels. This panel also supports export to PDF, a feature that was not available with the old panels. As with all Dashboard panels, you can click on this chart and see a larger version of the information. The old TreeMap panels are still available, but they have been deprecated and will be removed in a future release.
- The following Analytic Grids now contain a Done column that contains the total effort for the each workitem on the selected date. This enables you to compare Actual Effort vs. Estimate, Detail Estimate, or ToDo for a given day.
- The "A Workitem Report" data object in Custom Reporting now contains the Done attribute which contains the total effort for each workitem by date. Using this column you can now trend Actual Effort vs. Estimate, Detail Estimate, or ToDo.
- In addition, the following fixes have been made:
- Export to PDF uses a fixed font.
- Velocity Trend Dashboard panel no longer causes intermittent errors when visible.
- Velocity By Date Range Dashboard panel and report now honors locale settings.
- Deleted Themes are no longer visible in the Theme drop-down.
Various updates have been made, many of which were rolled out in point releases, to increase overall responsiveness and address specific needs in high-volume environments. These changes include:
- Query optimizations to reduce server load and storage I/O.
- General query optimizations that help SQL Server create better query plans, particularly for complex pages such as Epics, Scheduling, Theme/Feature Group and Team Assignment views.
- Significantly improved the responsiveness of the Project Tree view in the Project Navigator for IE7 and IE8 when very large project trees (i.e. thousands of nodes) are viewed.
- The Notification Toaster is now queried asynchronously, so will not impede the page load.
- Fixed: Null Reference Exception for closed VersionOne asset
- Fixed: No longer requires JIRA Administrator privileges to pass validation during start-up
- Fixed: Ignored configuration setting for QC Test Folder (hardcoded to "VersionOne")
- Fixed: Could not create QC Test Folder if it did not exist
- Added: Asynchronous server calls to reduce UI lock-up
- Added: Refresh project tree on demand to improve performance
- Added: Add tests via context menu
- Fixed: Proxy settings
No changes have been made.
System Requirements Changes
Updated versions for the following browsers
IE7 Support Note
In order to continue to provide an optimal customer experience, support for IE7 will be discontinued beginning with the next release. In upcoming releases, VersionOne will continue to support the newer versions of Internet Explorer.
The following changes were made since the Summer '11 Release and rolled out in point releases:
- Performance changes as mentioned above.
- Improved Project Navigator design to move tabs to the top of the control and to offer inline assistance for project filters.
- Storyboard customization indicates the actual sort-order of Group-By attributes when setting the 'reverse-sort order' setting.
- Improved styling of buttons throughout the application.
- Improved styling of the Project Navigator.
Other New Fixes made:
- Fixed: Dragging from a Release Scheduling bucket is not honored.
- Fixed: Remaining Estimate in Release Scheduling bucket does not include defects or test sets.
- Fixed: Apply/Reset are not enabled after popup closes Apply/Reset are not enabled after popup closes.
- Fixed: Project icon is missing from project details view.
- Fixed: Distracting slider effect on hover.
- Fixed: Regression Test tags have lost their blue bubble in standalone details view.
- Fixed: Dropdown controls are not operable via keyboard in IE.