Table of Contents
- Release Summary Video
- Epic Release Planning
- Detail Views Improved
- Rich Text Editor
- Owner Control Updated
- PlanningRooms Panel Flexibility
- PlanningRooms - New Analytics Panels
- Analytics Changes
- Datamart Changes
- VersionOne Client for Visual Studio
- Platform Updates
- API Changes
- System Requirements Changes
- Point Releases
|Epic Release Planning|
|Detail Views Improved|
|Rich Text Editor|
|Owner Control Updated|
|PlanningRoom Panel Flexibility|
|Visual Studio IDE Updates|
|Other Platform Updates|
|System Requirements Changes|
Contact your account manager* to upgrade your On-Demand system.
- Contact your account manager* to obtain a new 2014 Release annual license for your On-Site system.
- Download the appropriate edition below.
*Lost your account manager’s contact info? Email us at Info@VersionOne.com.
Release Summary Video
Sit back and watch as we walk through the major features of this release. The Release Summary video includes segments on:
- Epic Release Planning
- Details Views
- PlanningRoom Flexibility
- Analytics Updates
Epic Release Planning
Get more strategic in your release planning. The newly revamped Release Scheduling page now includes epics and a new, more efficient layout that allow you to plan more efficiently and more effectively.
Use epics to perform release planning by feature rather than just at the story level. The drag and drop convenience of the release scheduling page keeps your epic together by automatically moving its child backlog that exist in the same source project. Move entire features from release to release with the same single-step ease. When epics exist in the same project as their children, all children items (epics and backlog) move together when the epic is scheduled via the drag and drop.
Feel comfortable that the project assignment for any child items that have already been scheduled elsewhere is honored so that the system won't run roughshod over your existing plans. Multi-select capabilities also exist to allow you to pick and choose specific selections across epics and backlog schedule in bulk as well.
When using mutli-select, the epic children are not automatically selected when you move an epic. Use the drag and drop scheduling to pull child items along with an epic.
Other improvements include:
- The new summary view of each release highlights the size, value and risk associated with the contents of each release. Swag, Value and Risk summaries from epics in addition to an Estimate summary from your backlog are visible in each release and for the total unscheduled backlog.
- More efficient page layout to with a short drag distance when you do your planning.
- A secondary summary that breaks out totals by Asset in each release.
- Select a release to show its backlog in the grid so you can take advantage of full grid capabilities in analyizing and updating your release backlog.
- Continue focusing on the backlog level where appropriate. Release summaries focus only on the values contained in the release, so if a project doesn't use epics, the summaries won't be clouded up by their empty values.
- New grid filters that allow you to show only Epics, or Hide Epics all together if you don't use them in your release planning.
For more details, see the Release Scheduling documentation.
Detail Views Improved
The detail views for all assets have been improved with a new layout and a cleaner, more modern style. The new layout introduces a collapsible side-panel for Conversations showing relevant conversation that's independently scrollable from the primary asset details. New colors, font and other styling provide a more pleasing user experience.
Rich Text Editor
Rich text editors have been enhanced with new capabilities across all assets for descriptions and custom rich-text fields. New capabilities include:
- Embedded Images: upload and display full sized images inline with rich text.
- Links: choose a link title and method of opening each link.
- Tables: display structured data.
- Formats: style text beyond basic semantics with headers, font styles and block styles.
Owner Control Updated
Assignment of multiple owners on assets such as backlog items, tasks, test is even easier and more intuitive with the new owner lookup control. Setting focus on the field displays quick selectors for choosing yourself or those people whom you share a TeamRoom or PlanningRoom. You can also lookup any other member to assign.
PlanningRooms Panel Flexibility
PlanningRoom panels have been redefined to allow you to create any number of board or timeline panels within a PlanningRoom. This allows a group with focus on a few projects do create specific epicboard and epic timeline panels to focus on each project. In addition, panels can be arranged in any order by the room administrator to better organize the view within the room for its members.
After upgrade, room administrators should plan to spend a few minutes configuring the appropriate panels for their PlanningRoom. Because of the completely new panel setup options, each existing room will default to a single epic tree and epicboard panel.
PlanningRooms - New Analytics Panels
- The following Dashboard panels are now available in the Analytics PlanningRoom panel
- Effort Trend
- Estimate Trend
- Feature Velocity
- Workitem Summary
- Workitem Treemap
Other changes include:
- Effort Create Date is available on Analytic grids and in Custom Reporting. This is the UTC date and time this Effort was reported against the workitem.
- The Workitem Details data source now contain the Epic Display Id attribute. The value of this attribute is the Display Id of the Epic associated to the Primary Workitem or null if no Epic is associated.
- Applied patch recommended by Logi Analytics
- Fact.Effort now contains a column for Effort Create Date. The column name is EffortCreateDateUTC and it contains the date and time this Effort record was added to the workitem.
- Dim.PrimaryWorkitem now contains an Epic Display Id value. This column is called PrimaryWorkitemEpicDisplayId and it contains the Display Id of the Epic associated to the Primary Workitem or null if the Primary Workitem is not associated to an Epic.
- Added table valued function and scalar functions to support Analytics Dashboard changes.
VersionOne Client for Visual Studio
- VS Support: Added VS2013, keeping VS2012, removed VS2010.
- Added: Open a workitem detail page in a browser.
- Added: Context menu option to open properties view for workitem details.
- Added: Context menu option to save new workitem.
- Added: New secondary workitems are selected for editing after adding them.
- Added: Tab and Shift-Tab to cycle through editable fields for a selected workitem.
- Fixed: Don't allow edits to read-only fields.
- Fixed: Show plain text description in property inspector.
- Fixed: Change values from property inspector.
- Fixed: Inactivated owners now annotated. Context menu now available for items owned by inactivated members.
- Fixed: Task window throws error on first run when opened before project window.
- Fixed: State of the workitem tree is not reset for every user action (such as create new workitem and signup)
- Fixed: Updated SDK.NET Libraries
For documentation and downloads, see the application catalog.
New: With this release we have introduced a new EmbeddedImage asset for the purpose of showing images within asset descriptions.
After saving an embedded image you can then store a link to that embedded image in the description using an HTML tag similar to the following.
<img src="http://localhost/VersionOne.Web/embedded.img/458522" alt="" data-oid="EmbeddedImage:458522">
You can also resize the image as needed with the html width & height properties.
<img src="/VersionOne.Web/embedded.img/458522" alt="" width="158" height="158" data-oid="EmbeddedImage:458522">
- Asset: Relation to BaseAsset - reciprocal of EmbeddedImages
- Content: Blob
- ContentType: Text
System Requirements Changes
Support for IE 11 has been added.
Pre-Annoucement: Decrementing Support for IE8 as of Spring '14 Release
In order to continue improving the application experience through the use of modern browser technologies, support for Internet Explorer 8 will be removed starting with the Spring '14 Release. Note that, in addition to the latest available release, VersionOne supports the prior 4 releases for its Enterprise and Ultimate Editions. Customers who have reason to continue using IE8, therefore, can do so on a fully supported VersionOne release for the next 15 months - up until the delivery of the Spring 2015 release.
The following additions were rolled out in point releases since the last quarterly release:
- PlanningRooms intelligently default the iteration schedule for Analytics metrics when only a single schedule is used.
- Added support for SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2.
- Added support for Integrated Pipeline Mode in IIS.
- Datamart ETL "cleanlog" option to resolve ETL runs that failed without an error code.
- New owner lookup component for grid filters and board highlighting.
- Planned Begin Date and Planned End Date added to Fact.Epicview in the Datamart and to the Epic Analytics Grid.
- Fixed HTTP Header for OAuth2 used in SAML SSO environment.
- Various performance improvements.
Other new additions include:
- Updated 'More Filters' view in grids: 3-column layout, asset-based list titles and now set inside a lightbox
- Winter 2014 Point Release #15 - Build 22.214.171.124
- Winter 2014 Point Release #14 - Build 126.96.36.199
- Winter 2014 Point Release #13 - Build 188.8.131.5228
- Winter 2014 Point Release #12 - Build 184.108.40.20624
- Winter 2014 Point Release #11 - Build 220.127.116.1118
- Winter 2014 Point Release #10 - Build 18.104.22.16816
- Winter 2014 Point Release #9 - Build 22.214.171.12413
- Winter 2014 Point Release #8 - 126.96.36.19912
- Winter 2014 Point Release #7 - Build 188.8.131.5206
- Winter 2014 Point Release # 6 - Build 184.108.40.20600
- Winter 2014 Point Release #5 - Build 220.127.116.1181
- Winter 2014 Point Release #4 - Build 18.104.22.16875
- Winter 2014 Point Release #3 - Build 22.214.171.12466
- Winter 2014 Point Release #2 - Build 126.96.36.19952
- Winter 2014 Point Release #1 - Build 188.8.131.5229