- Request templates
- Ability to create and manage Request templates similar to Story and Defect templates
- Ability to create new Requests using Request templates
- UI enhancements in boards
- Ability to replace asset ID on Storyboards
- Newly added Backlog Group and Project group-by options in Storyboards
- Check for required fields in open tasks or tests before closing a story
- Ability to include attachments when splitting a story
- Performance updates
- Request templates
Features expected in Digital.ai Agility version 21.3.1:
- Ability to mark custom columns as not editable.
- Ability to hide empty swimlanes in Roadmap Board view.
- Ability to prevent System Admins from being removed from any planning level.
- Auto-adjusting columns instead of fixed width columns across Digital.ai Agility.
|Team Edition||Catalyst Edition||Enterprise Edition||Ultimate Edition|
|UI enhancements in boards||✓||✓||✓|
|Ability to replace asset ID on Storyboards||✓||✓||✓|
|Newly added Backlog Group and Project group-by options in Storyboards||✓||✓||✓|
|Check for required fields in open tasks or tests before closing a story||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Ability to include attachments when splitting a story||✓||✓||✓||✓|
How to Upgrade
|If your system is not in the auto-upgrade program, contact support to be added to the program or to schedule your upgrade.||Oct 30||Oct 30||Nov 6||Nov 6|
|Contact support for a new 2021 annual license for your on-site system.||Contact Us||Contact Us|
We have made the following changes in various boards to improve the usability:
- Collapsible columns: Each column on a board screen now has a collapse or expand button.
- Column-level scrolling: You can now scroll down to the bottom of a column independently without scrolling down the other columns.
- Sticky Quick Add buttons: Each column also comes with a sticky Quick Add button at the bottom that allows you to create new assets on the go.
Based on the board you are on, the Quick add button will display quick add actions such as Add Story, Add Defect, Add Task, or Add Test buttons.
If the asset ID is not required in your Storyboard, you can now customize the card options to hide it from the cards or display a different asset detail such as "Created By" or "Customer" in its place.
We have added two new group-by options to Storyboards:
- Backlog Group
Using the "Project" group-by option, you can view stories grouped by parent and child projects in the Storyboard screen. Likewise, the "Backlog Group" group-by option allows you to view stories associated with different Backlog Groups and move work items across backlog groups.
For instance, the UX team in your organization can use this ability to view their tasks spread across various releases or projects and move them
Before closing a story, users must ensure that there are no open tasks or tests. They must also ensure that the fields in the story or the associated tasks and tests marked as "required at close" are not empty. To ensure this, we now display a warning when a user tries to close a story without filling these required fields.
Ability to include attachments while splitting a story
When splitting a story, the attachments from the original story will be added to the newly created story. This will save the users the effort of downloading the attachments from the original story and uploading them to the new one.
- Added ability to include the "Include Closed Items" filter in the Broken By Defects section of the asset details UI.
- Microsoft Excel exports can now be used to export in the .xlsx format.
- Super Search feature (activated using Ctrl + Alt + S) has been added which will summon an input window to quickly find and execute navigation within application. This setting can be turned off from the Agility Preferences section.
There have been several performance updates recently. These changes were made available in point releases as they were completed. Below is a recap of those changes.
Boards within a PlanningRoom will now maintain their own filter state and will not interfere with filter selection in other boards of the PlanningRoom.
Timesheets that are pending approval now have a Last Submitted timestamp associated with them.
Background activity stream processes no longer fail when milepost updates are made to the database.
Improved performance for activity stream processing to reduce delay between user changes and display within the activity stream panel.
We would like to thank everyone who partnered with us to identify and work through these issues. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and patience.
- The Classic Portfolio Item Tree will be retired in the Digital.ai Agility version 22.0 release.
- CommitStream will be sunset in the Digital.ai Agility version 22.2 release.
Note: Digital.ai Agility bundles including Delivery insights (Pro and Premium) will see a Commit sidepanel on workitems through Delivery Insights.
If you are not sure about the Digital.ai Agility bundle you are using, reach out to your Sales Representative or Customer Success Manager (CSM).
- Team and Catalyst editions of Digital.ai Agility will be sunset in the Digital.ai Agility version 22.2 release.
Note: Users of Catalyst edition will be notified about upcoming changes.
We advise users of Team edition to upgrade or export their data. For information on upgrading or exporting data, contact our support team.
Other Enhancements and Updates
Here is a list of items included in this release which were completed since the Version 21.2 release. Most, if not all, of these items were available in previous point releases.
"Strategic Theme" filter can now be used in PlanningRooms and in the Scorecard view.
Super Search feature (activated using Ctrl + Alt + S) has been added which will summon an input window to quickly find and execute navigation within application. This setting can be turned off from the Agility Preferences section.
Ability to update portfolio item status based on the status of the associated backlog item.
Microsoft Excel exports can now be used to export in the .xlsx format.
Added ability to bulk delete Tasks and Tests from within a Story or a Defect.
Program Predictability report now supports an end date input. Program Predictability report will now consider all Planning Levels with start dates after the entered start date and end dates before the entered end date.
Added ability to include a "Type" for Links.
Added visual indicators to make Task and Test templates easily distinguishable from Task and Test assets.
A new Pending status for ideas:
- A new security option is available in the admin area for Ideaspace in Digital.ai Agility. This option has a toggle to mark all incoming ideas as pending requiring an approval prior to being available on the public Ideaspace page. This prevents messages that shouldn't be included from automatically going public.
- Existing ideas can also be set to the pending status as well to remove them from public view.
Deleted assets in a timesheet will display with a strike-through to help users distinguish them from active assets.
Fixed issue with auto-suggestions not being visible for some lookup fields.
In the My Inbox page, when user chooses to delete more than one page of messages, a progress bar is shown to indicate the progress of deletion.
Backlog ID filter now works for Defects and TestSets and not just Stories.
If a user changes her username, customizations made using the previous username will not be lost.
- The Conversations menu and Conversations tab within assets no longer require the @ reference at the beginning of a mention to display the user being mentioned. A user can now directly begin typing the name of the user to display the result.
System Requirements Changes
Support for Internet Explorer 11 is discontinued starting Digital.ai Agility version 21.3 release in accordance with Microsoft's Internet Explorer support policies.
For a complete listing of point releases, see Point Release Notes by Product.