This feature is available in Ultimate edition only.
The Analytics Defect Trend dashboard panel allows you to understand how defects in the selected project/program are trending at configurable intervals.
Where to Find This Panel
This panel is available on any of the following Analytics dashboards:
Portfolio > Executive Dashboard
Program > Dashboard
Team > Dashboard
Team > Team Dashboard
Team > Quality Dashboard
Team > ScrumMaster Dashboard
If the panel is not visible, you can add it following the instructions in Adding a Panel to a Dashboard.
Each bar on this chart represents a date. That date is determined based on the configured Start Date, Duration Size, and Duration Unit. The height of the bar indicates the total number of Defects, in the selected Project Program, on that date. By default the bars are grouped by Priority; however this can be configured in the Panel Parameters.
Configuring the Panel
Click on the gear icon at the top-right corner of the dashboard panel and click Edit.
Choose from the panel parameters below:
Parameters for this panel may differ depending on the location of the dashboard.
Panel Parameter Descriptions
- Portfolio Item: Shows work items in the selected portfolio item and all of it's children. The default option is "Blank" and shows all work items.
- Sprint/Iteration: Shows data assigned to the sprint/iteration. The default value is "All".
- Team: Shows Team-specific data for the project or program. The default value is "All" or "Blank".
- Backlog Group: Shows work items in the selected backlog group. The default option is "All".
- Backlog Goal/Objective: Shows work items assigned to the selected backlog goal. The default option is "All".
- Start Date: The first date the report begins calculating data.
For project-based reports, the default start date is the project start date.
For sprint/iteration-based reports, the default start date is the sprint/iteration start date.
For member-based reports, the default start date is 13 weeks prior to the current date.
If the start date is set to the current date or later, no data displays.
- Duration Size: The number of Duration Units until the project ends. If the project has an end date, the Duration Size defaults to the difference between the Start and End Dates in weeks. If the project has no End Date, the Duration Size defaults to the difference between the Start Date and the current date. Duration Size is set to 0 if the calculation results in a negative number.
- Duration Units: Determines how a period is defined in terms of weeks (default) or months.
- Group By: Shows results grouped by Type, Source, Priority (Default), or Status.
- Defect State: Shows defects in any of the following Reporting Category states: All, Not Started, In Progress, Complete, or Not Complete.