This feature is available in Enterprise and Ultimate editions.
The Velocity By Status report breaks the Effort completed during a sprint/iteration into the different status types. The Effort by status can be measured in points or hours, just like the other velocity reports.
Use this report to plan future sprints, forecast Effort in future sprints, and track past Effort.
Velocity is often used to make business decisions, so it's important to understand exactly what velocity indicates. To learn more about this key agile concept, explore some of these links:
Accessing This Report
- Click the Reports icon on the side bar and click All Reports. In the Planning Reports section, click Velocity by Status.
- Team: Shows Team-specific data for the project or program. The default value is "All" or "Blank".
- Backlog Group: Shows data assigned to the selected backlog group.
- Workitem: Shows data for a specific work item type: All (all workitems), Stories, Defects, or Testsets. The default option is "All".
- Aggregation Type: Determines how the data is aggregated. Valid values are:
Total Estimate - Sum the Estimate values.
Workitem Count - Count of work items regardless of estimate value.