Kanban flow, can help your team visualize, manage, and optimize their work. If your team is all about continuous flow and does not use sprints/iterations, it's real simple to set up the top-level project your team will be working in.
An easier solution for a Kanban team that doesn’t require a sprint/iteration schedule, is to use a TeamRoom with Kanban flow.
To create a project, your project role must be set to Project Administrator or higher.
Project Setup Steps
1. Select Admin > Projects & Fields Admin > Projects > Projects.
2. Expand the System (All Projects) project. The "System (All Projects)" project sits at the top level of the project tree and was automatically created when Digital.ai Agility was set up. We recommend that you create all of your projects/child projects underneath it to retain the flexibility to scale the project tree in the future. To learn more, see Understanding System (All Projects).
3. Click on the Add Child Project button next to the parent project under which you want to create the new project.
4. Enter the project details as appropriate. Refer to the Project Fields table for descriptions.
Because this is going to be a "Kanban Project", your dates may be a longer duration defined than an "Iteration Project" would have defined.
Your project will still need to have a Sprint/Iteration Schedule associated to it, in order for the "Planner" pages to be available in Digital.ai Agility.
Sprint/Iteration Schedule Setup and Association Steps
1. Select Admin > Projects & Fields Admin > Projects > Sprint/Iteration Schedules.
2. Click on the Add a Sprint Schedule button.
3. Enter the details as appropriate>
- Give the schedule a name (e.g., Kanban).
- Set the sprint length to be the duration of the project or the release.
- Click Save.
Creating a Kanban Sprint/Iteration
From the Sprint/Iteration Scheduling UI, add a Sprint/Iteration and set the begin/end date to match project dates in effect creating a sprint/iteration-less planning tool.
1. Click on Team Planner > Sprint Scheduling
2. Click on the "Add Sprint/Iteration" button.
3. Enter the details, and set the Begin Date and the End Date to be the same as the project's Begin and End dates.
If separate status values are needed for the Kanban Storyboard, use Project Workspaces to create a status list specific to this project.
Navigate to the List Types tab under Admin, and then select Backlog. Add new status values to the Status List type as appropriate.
Navigate to the Display Fields Tab to enable the new list values for display in your project workspace. Select your project and find the Status field under Backlog Item. Enable the desired status values for your Project Workspace.