This feature is available in Catalyst, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions.
On the System Configuration page, you can customize Digital.ai Agility to your specific environment by enabling or disabling the extended features (defects, issues, requests, and retrospectives) displayed throughout the system. Having trouble figuring out what edition of Digital.ai Agility you are using? See How do I know what edition I'm on?
From the sidebar (left-pane menu options), click Admin > Configuration > System.
Choose from the following options, and then click Apply.
- Replaces the "Build" text field on backlog items with a relationship to the Build Run asset
- Replaces the "Found In Build", "Found in Version", and "Resolved in Build" fields in defects with a relationship to the Pipeline Run asset
- Enables automated Source Control Management integration by adding a new Changeset asset that is related to backlog items and defects
- Enables the Defects asset
- Enables the Issues asset
- Enables the Retrospectives asset
SMTP must be enabled for Guest Collaborators to properly function.
Allows you to change the default terms Digital.ai Agility uses to refer to stories/backlog items, sprints/iterations, portfolio items/epics, and units of measure. Note that these changes override any localization changes that have already been applied.
Items to note:
- Portfolio Item Prefix impacts the menu selections under the Portfolio Planning section
- Portfolio Item impacts the asset name
Allow password resets
- Allows users to reset their own passwords
- Displays time stamps and sprint boundaries in the selected time zone. If not configured, the system uses the server's time zone setting.
Enables Effort Tracking in the system. By default, Effort Tracking is disabled in the Scrum methodology template, but enabled for other methodology templates.
Allows you to enter one or more email addresses to be notified in case of system downtime or other critical issues. These addresses are used by the Digital.ai Agility online operations group to broadcast important updates to on-demand customers on an as-needed basis. This list is not used for marketing purposes. Typically, this list includes system administrators and other key users.
For readability, separate email addresses by new lines. Below are examples of valid email formats:
- All members should be off the system when making this change.
- Changing the System Settings options do not affect the data stored in the the database.
- If defects were created with Estimates, for example, and scheduled within sprint , the sprint totals will still include those defects even if they are disabled