This release brings a completely new look and feel to ALM Connect, not only is the new user interface easier to navigate, integrations are now much more streamlined!
New Features and Enhancements
- Bi-directional integration: Users can now create a bi-directional flow between two systems through a single integration. At the integration configuration step, users can choose to keep the flow of data from one system to another unidirectional or bi-directional. The unidirectional integration could be from System 1 to System 2 or System 2 to System 1 depending on user need.
- Multi-asset integration: Users can now select multiple entities that they want to synchronize between the systems in a single integration. A list of assets that are common for both projects appear for both systems during integration and users can select multiple assets in a row by simply clicking on them.
- Folder Management: Folder Management helps users to organize integrations, mappings, and systems under separate workspace/folders. This helps users:
- Get a structured view of integrations instead of having all integrations in a single list
- Search for an integration easily from a long list of integrations
- Ease of managing and debugging integrations
- Dashboard: The dashboard gives quick view of configured integrations. User can check the overall health of the integrations. User can also navigate directly to the configured integrations, systems, and integration failures from the dashboard.
- Users can filter integrations shown on the dashboard according to the system and integration status.
- Seamless migration for existing customers: Allows users to seamlessly migrate from the old user interface to the new user interface with all integrations, mapping, folders, and other data intact.
- Merge Mappings and Integrations: The Merge feature allows users to merge existing configurations such as mappings and integration groups for usability purposes. For example, users can merge Mapping X and Mapping Y into Mapping X as well as Integration X and Integration Y into Integration X. So, there is no need to manage multiple integrations.
- Users also get warnings when conflict(s) are detected while merging two mappings or integrations.