The Analytics Work Item Cycle Time Histogram dashboard panel allows you to see how many work items spent time in a defined cycle grouped by a configurable value that determines the number.
Where to Find This Panel
This panel is available on any of the following Analtyics dashboards:
- Team > Dashboard
If the panel is not visible, you can add it following the instructions in Adding a Panel to a Dashboard.
Each bar on this chart represents a configurable "bin" that represents a grouping of how many days Work Items spent in the defined cycle. The height of the bar is determined by the number of Work Items that spent that amount of time in the cycle. In the image above, the "bin" size was 5 days and we see that most work items in the selected project took less than 5 days to complete and that almost as many took between 5 and 9 days to complete.
Configuring the Panel
Click on the icon in the top right corner of the dashboard panel and then click Edit.
Choose from the panel parameters below.
Panel Parameter Descriptions
- Portfolio Item: Shows work items in the selected portfolio item and all of it's children. The default option is "Blank" and shows all work items.
- Sprint/Iteration: Shows data assigned to the sprint/iteration. The default value is "All".
- Team: Shows Team-specific data for the project or program. The default value is "All" or "Blank".
- Backlog Group: Shows work items in the selected backlog group. The default option is "All".
- Workitem: Shows data for a specific work item type: All (all workitems), Stories, Defects, or Testsets. The default option is "All".
- State. Only displays work items in a specific state.
All. Considers all backlog items regardless of state.
Not Started. Only considers backlog items that do not have a status value or have a status value assigned to the "Not Started" reporting category.
In Progress. Only considers backlog items that have a status value assigned to the "In Progress" reporting category. If you are not using reporting categories, "In Progress" is defined as any backlog item with a status value.
Complete. Only considers backlog items that are closed or that have a status value assigned to the "Complete" reporting category.
Not Complete. Only consider backlog items that are Not Started or In Progress.
- Backlog Goal/Objective: Shows work items assigned to the selected backlog goal. The default option is "All".
- Ignore Before. Only include work items that entered the cycle after the selected date.
- Cycle Start. The work item status value that defines the beginning of the cycle.
- Cycle End. The work item status value that defines the end of the cycle.
- Bin Size. The number of days represented by each column in the chart.