This feature is available in Catalyst, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions.
The Velocity by Date/Velocity by Period report is a bar chart that:
shows the total Estimate delivered over a specified date range (days, weeks, or months) during a sprint/iteration.
rolls up velocity across different sprint schedules.
Accessing This Report
On the main menu:
- Reports > Velocity by Date Report (in the Project/Release Reports section or Planning Reports section)
- Backlog Group:
- Shows data assigned to the selected backlog group.
- Portfolio Item: Shows work items in the selected portfolio item and all of it's children. The default option is "Blank" and shows all work items.
- Aggregation Type: Determines how the data is aggregated. Valid values are:
Total Estimate - Sum the Estimate values.
Workitem Count - Count of work items regardless of estimate value.
- Workitem: Shows data for a specific work item type: All (all workitems), Stories, Defects, or Testsets. The default option is "All".
- Team: Shows Team-specific data for the project or program. The default value is "All" or "Blank".
- Start Date: The first date the report begins calculating data.
For project-based reports, the default start date is the project start date.
For sprint/iteration-based reports, the default start date is the sprint/iteration start date.
For member-based reports, the default start date is 13 weeks prior to the current date.
If the start date is set to the current date or later, no data displays.
- The length of each interval (days, weeks, or months) you want to show in the report. By default the length+gap as set on the project's sprint schedule. If no schedule is available, it defaults to 2 weeks.
- For projects, the report uses the number of weeks from the project's start date to today.
- For sprints, the report uses the the number of days in the sprint.
Grouping: Shows the velocity report of the selected grouping.
By default, the date range is set to the beginning and ending dates of the project and the duration is set to measure by weeks.
If the project has no end date, the end date defaults to the current date.