This feature is available in all editions.
- How does VersionOne calculate the forecast completion date?
- Interpreting the Release Forecasting Charts
- Is there a way to see the expected finish date of a project?
- Performing What If Scenarios on the Release Forecasting Page
- Release Forecasting
- Release Forecasting Video
- Why don't Estimates reconcile between my Release Forecasting and Estimate Trend reports?
How does VersionOne calculate the 'forecast' release completion date?
The following table describes the input fields used manually calculate the predicted release date.
It's helpful to start by calculating period start and end dates.
Period 1 Start Date = Start Date (from inputs)
Period 2 Start Date = Period 1 Start Date + Period (from inputs)
...And so on
Projected Velocity = Average of Closed Estimate in the previous 3 completed periods
Additional Periods to Completion (let's call this number N)
Additional Periods to Completion = Remaining Estimate / Projected Velocity
Forecast Completion = End Date of the Nth period
Other items of note
Optional Section with a screenshot or video.