This feature is available in Enterprise and Ultimate editions.
The Velocity By Project report breaks down the Effort that was completed during a sprint/iteration and allocates it to the appropriate child project. The Effort by project can be measured in points or hours, just like the other velocity reports.
Use this report to gain insight into multi-project distribution of effort.
Velocity is often used to make business decisions, so it's important to understand exactly what velocity indicates. To learn more about this key agile concept, explore some of these links:
Accessing This Report
- Reports > All Reports > Planning Reports section
- Team: Shows Team-specific data for the project or program. The default value is "All" or "Blank".
- Backlog Group:
- Shows data assigned to the selected backlog group.
- Workitem: Shows data for a specific work item type: All (all workitems), Stories, Defects, or Testsets. The default option is "All".
- Aggregation Type: Determines how the data is aggregated. Valid values are:
Total Estimate - Sum the Estimate values.
Workitem Count - Count of work items regardless of estimate value.