Webhooks allow for an external system to listen for events that occur within VersionOne. This saves time during the development process and removes the need to poll VersionOne for changes.
Outbound webhooks can be configured through the VersionOne API. They can also be configured and monitored in the user interface.
The Webhooks Administration Page
Administration of webhooks requires system admin access. The Webhook administration page is found at Administration > System Configuration > Webhooks.
If no views have been created, you will see a message on the webhooks administrative page prompting you to create a webhook subscription.
Existing webhooks subscriptions are listed as shown here:
Each subscription listing displays the subscription's URL, along with the result of the most recent attempt to deliver that webhook’s payload. Optional descriptive information may be included as well.
Clicking on a webhook’s URL will open a window that displays configuration and status information about that webhook.
The slider to the left of each listing allows you to enable or disable a webhook. An Edit – Delete menu is located to the right of each listing. Edit opens the Subscription tab in a slideout window.
Creating a New Subscription
On the Webhooks administration page, click the Add button at the top right.
- In the Subscription tab of the slideout window, there are 3 required fields:
- URL - the url to which event information will be posted
- From - the asset type (Story, etc.) to be monitored
- Event Type - the event type that will trigger the webhook
- Event Types include Asset Created, and Asset Changed.
- If you want to monitor for changes to only certain attributes of an asset, you can select one or more Trigger Attributes.
- Note that you can configure more than one Trigger Event in a single webhook subscription.
- Authorization Header and Secret fields allow you to optionally configure your subscription with additional security (see the webhooks API documentation).
- Webhook ID and Description Information fields are optional.
- Save the subscription configuration. It will be added to the list of webhooks, and enabled by default.
Viewing the Status history of a webhook
Every execution of a webhook is logged, with an indicator as to whether the delivery succeeded or failed. This log is located in the Status tab of the slideout window.
To access the Status tab from the list in the webhooks administration page, just click on the URL. Click on any log entry to see more details pertaining to that entry.
For more details on the webhook API itself please click HERE