This feature is available in Catalyst, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions.
Storyboards show all of the stories (shown as story cards) in a sprint/iteration. For each project, Agile teams can use it to track the status of stories from the time they are pulled into a sprint until they are accepted by the product owner. Storyboards keep progress highly visible so teams can identify which stories are included a sprint and where they are in the product development lifecycle.
For traditional Agile teams (or hybrid teams mixing Agile and Lean approaches), Storyboards give a visual summary of feature status within the current sprint.
Beginning in the Spring 2017 release, the Storyboard will show backlog items by roll-up categories any time multiple workspaces with different status values are detected. This will occur if one or more Teams that own work in the backlog has defined a Team specific process of if the currently selected project has child projects with project specific workspaces that use different status values.
Kanban teams can use a Storyboard to track the status of backlog items and set Work In Process (WIP) limits to help identify, manage, and elevate constraints. They can see when optimal capacity levels have been exceeded and identify and address inefficiencies as soon as possible. Rather than track velocity, Kanban teams rely on cycle time to understand the rate of flow through the development organization.
For teams who have enabled the Team Process Management feature, see What impact does defining a team process have on my instance? to learn what impacts it has on TeamRooms.
- Managing Stories in the Storyboard
- No image available
- Adding Tasks or Tests
- Assigning a Story to a Member on a Storyboard
- Closing a Story or Defect on a Storyboard
- Converting a Story to a Defect/Converting a Defect to a Story from the Storyboard
- Copying a Story on a Storyboard
- Creating/Assigning Blocking Issues
- Ranking/Prioritizing Stories
- Story Card Dot Color Order Chart
- Updating the Status of a Story on a Storyboard
- Viewing/Updating Story Details on the Storyboard
- Watching a Story or Defect