HipChat is a popular tool where teams come together to collaborate.
Use the HipChat plugin's Send Notification function to post a message from a Pipeline to a HipChat room.
Before using the HipChat plugin, you must set up one or more HipChat instances.
- Select Plugins from the Administration menu (cogwheel icon) and select HipChat from the list of plugins available.
- Click Add and enter the Name, HipChat API token, and the HipChat URL.
- Click Test Connection and make sure you are able to successfully connect to the HipChat instance.
- Repeat step two and three to add more than one HipChat account.
- When you have more than one server instance, click Set As Default to set one of the instances as the default.
Using the HipChat Plugin
Once you have a HipChat account added, you can use the HipChat plugin's Send Notification function in your Pipelines to post a message to a HipChat room.
The Send Notification function lets you post a message to a HipChat room.
- Room: The HipChat room name.
- Message: The message to post on the HipChat room.
- HipChat Server Instance Name: Type the name of the HipChat server instance if you have more than one instances configured. Leave blank to connect to the default server instance.