As a business stakeholder, track features as they move through the value-stream with a high degree of confidence. From idea to production delivery.
- Delivery Summary Portfolio Kanban
- From the Lifecycle homepage, hover over the "Portfolio" menu and select "Portfolio Kanban"
- Once in the "Portfolio Kanban" page, ensure that the "delivery summary" option is configured to be shown on cards (click on wrench icon, select "customize", then "card options" tab). When option is enabled, simply hover over the "delivery summary" area to view the summary for the feature in question.
The above image indicates that for the "Cloud Call Center (RIse 1.0)" feature, the delivery summary is as follows:
- 26 workitems are in "not started" status
- 21 workitems are in "developing" status
- 0 workitems are in "packaged" status (workitems that are done but have not been delivered)
- 1 workitems is in "delivered" status
- Delivery at a Glance - View by Portfolio Item
- From the Lifecycle homepage, hover over the "Release" menu and select "Delivery at a Glance"
- From the Delivery at a Glance page, switch view to "View by Portfolio Item"
Delivery at a Glance in "View by Portfolio Item" view.
- Once in "View by Portfolio Item" view, identify the following information:
i. Spread of the feature among the configured phases in your value stream
The above image indicates the number of workitems that are found in each of the phases in the value tream. From it, we can conlude that the majority of workitem are in the "Canary Release" phase and the "Delivered" status. The dark shaded workitems have been marked as completed while the light shaded workitems are still in-progress.
ii. Percentage of the feature that has been completed vs. percentage of the feature that has been delivered
Hovering over the progress gauge indicates that 65% of the feature has been completed, while only 20% has been delivered. This is an important differentiation as there is over 40% of work done that represents value not delivered to the end-user.
By gaining this level of visibility, stakeholders now have the information they need to make accurate decisions.