This feature is available in Ultimate edition only.
The Analytics Workitem TreeMap dashboard panel allows you to visualize work items (stories, defects, testsets) across multiple dimensions simultaneously. A TreeMap is also referred to as a HeatMap.
Where to Find This Panel
This panel is available on any of the following Analytics dashboards:
Portfolio > Executive Dashboard
Program > Dashboard
Program > Product Owner Dashboard
Team > Dashboard
Team > Team Dashboard
Team > Quality Dashboard
Team > ScrumMaster Dashboard
If the panel is not visible, you can add it following the instructions in Adding a Panel to a Dashboard.
TreeMaps, or HeatMaps, allow you to view multiple dimensions of work items in a single visualizaton. The size, color and grouping of data is controlled using panel parameters.
Configuring the Panel
Click on the gear icon at the top-right corner of the dashboard panel and click Edit.
Choose from the panel parameters below:
Parameters for this panel may differ depending on the location of the dashboard.
Panel Parameter Descriptions
- Portfolio Item: Shows work items in the selected portfolio item and all of it's children. The default option is "Blank" and shows all work items.
- Team: Shows Team-specific data for the project or program. The default value is "All" or "Blank".
- Sprint/Iteration: Shows data assigned to the sprint/iteration. The default value is "All".
- Backlog Group: Shows work items in the selected backlog group. The default option is "All".
- Backlog Goal/Objective: Shows work items assigned to the selected backlog goal. The default option is "All".
- Workitem: Shows data for a specific work item type: All (all workitems), Stories, Defects, or Testsets. The default option is "All".
- Size: Shows the attribute to usee when calculating the size of each box in the map. Valid values are Estimate, Detail Estimate, or ToDo.
- Color: Determines which attribute to use to show the color of each box in the map. Valid values are Status, Priority, Estimate, Detail Estimate, and ToDo.
- Group By: Shows results grouped by Type, Source, Priority (Default), or Status.
- Defect State: Shows defects in any of the following Reporting Category states: All, Not Started, In Progress, Complete, or Not Complete.
Determines which attribute is used to determine the color of each box in the map. Valid values are Status, Priority, Estimate, Detail Estimate, ToDo.