This feature is available in all editions.
- How do I add a sprint/iteration to a sub/child project?
- How do I assign multiple owners to a workitem?
- How do I change the date or person when updating "Done"?
- How do I do Estimation in VersionOne?
- How do I exclude spike sprints/iterations from velocity reports?
- How do I manage resources/members in VersionOne?
- I assigned the wrong sprint schedule to a project. How do I change it?
- Supporting Separate Dev and Test Sprints/Iterations
- Understanding Estimates and Tracking in Lifecycle
Yes. You can create a child project called Spike with its own sprint/iteration schedule below your existing project, and then create the spike sprint in that Spike project. Since it has its own schedule, the velocity reports for the main project will exclude the spike sprint. Note that story estimates, etc. would still roll up to the parent project as a whole in this scenario. If you don't want that, you can create a peer project for your spikes to keep them wholly separate from a reporting standpoint.
To learn more, see Sprint/Iteration Planning.