This feature is available in Enterprise and Ultimate editions.
The Velocity by Priority report breaks the Effort that was completed during a sprint/iteration into different priority levels, based on the Priority of completed (closed) workitems. The velocity by priority is measured in points or hours, just like the other velocity reports.
Use this report to track completed (closed) work at different priorities and to plan future sprints, forecast Effort on future sprints, and track past Effort.
Velocity is often used to make business decisions, so it's important to understand exactly what velocity indicates. To learn more about this key agile concept, explore some of these links:
Accessing This Report
- Reports > All Reports > Planning Reports section
- Team: Shows Team-specific data for the project or program. The default value is "All" or "Blank".
- Backlog Group:
- Shows data assigned to the selected backlog group.
- Workitem: Shows data for a specific work item type: All (all workitems), Stories, Defects, or Testsets. The default option is "All".
- Aggregation Type: Determines how the data is aggregated. Valid values are:
Total Estimate - Sum the Estimate values.
Workitem Count - Count of work items regardless of estimate value.